Crystals Crystals

Pros:
+Pretty solid variation on the "match-three" formula, reminds me of "Diamond Mine" from Bejeweled 3 (which is a good thing)
+Good graphics and music
+Hi-score integration encourages repeat play

Cons:
-Really needs a tutorial screen to explain what the power-ups are, how to clear the white gems (I passed Easy Level 4 by complete accident)
-No points bonus for chains/combos/cascades/whatever you wanna call them
-Needs either more levels, or some kind of game mode in which you play until you lose

Overall, a pretty solid puzzle game, with some decent potential. It just needs a bit more improving, a bit more polish, and then it'll be great. (And yes, it's kind of a Bejeweled rip-off, but there's so damn many of them already so surely one more couldn't hurt? ;P )

turtlesf responds:

A tutorial screen should be added and some more levels. 5 levels a mode may be too short of a game for someone who has played enough. Chains may be difficult to program. Thanks for the great suggestions.
I googled Diamond Mine and agree, I can definitely see the resemblance (I have played Bejeweled 2, liked the art and sound).

Momentum Missile Mayhem 2015 Momentum Missile Mayhem 2015

Holy shit, this brings back memories... the amount of time I sank into the second and third Momentum Missile Mayhem games... This was a fantastic trip down memory lane, not to mention a very good game. The graphics and sound were as phenomenal as always. Seems as though it might have fewer features than previous games (smaller upgrade tree, less game modes), but what's there is still very much worth playing.

Sonac the Hodgeman 3 Sonac the Hodgeman 3

10/10 game of the fucking year

I dunno why but I'm starting to really enjoy these sorts of parody games. They're just mindless fun. I loved that you could blow up the rangs btw.

Kiwi 64 Kiwi 64

Brilliant. Really captured the spirit of the Nintendo 64. Collecting everything was very satisfying. I assume I /did/ collect everything, and that there's only 59 clefs... that seems to be the consensus. Nice troll there ;)

Ragdoll Ninja Ragdoll Ninja

Let's get a few things straight here. Does this game have similar mechanics to Fruit Ninja? Yes. Is that a bad thing? No. Is it a straight rip-off of Fruit Ninja? No. The ragdoll mechanics (and the ability to keep slicing and turn each stick figure into sushi) make this an incredibly entertaining game in its own right. I saw a couple of reviewers complain that the music is annoying, but there's a mute button so it's not all that much of a problem.

All in all, this is a very fun and entertaining game that doesn't just rip off Fruit Ninja's mechanics, it actually puts its own spin on them and makes them even more fun. I could play this for hours.

TrackLand Unity TrackLand Unity

Very fun. Not perfect, though. There are some collision detection issues where the car crashes, stops or slows down when it hasn't hit anything. The track editor could use a few improvements as well, to add things like scenery, barriers (so you're not falling off all the bloody time), jumps, obstacles, and things like that. Nevertheless, this is very good and I'm sure once it's improved it'll be a fantastic game.

Sonic Boom Cannon 3D! Sonic Boom Cannon 3D!

HOW THE FUCK HAVE I ONLY JUST FOUND THIS. YES.

Ace Pilot Ace Pilot

Brilliant. I loved this to death. The cutscenes and animation were absolutely hilarious, and the game itself played pretty well. I liked the Action Mode as well, it's fun pitting loads and loads of enemies against one another and just sitting back and watching the chaos XD

I also liked how, instead of dying when you took too much damage, you just stopped for a while and had to repair before setting off again. Pretty clever system, it made the game challenging without making it actually difficult.

I did have some issues (namely, the ship would start turning of its own accord), but I was playing in Chrome and you did warn about that so I'm not bothered. My only other complaint is that this was quite short, but since this is labelled "Episode 1" I'm hoping there'll be more of this in the future. Faved.

Katawa Shoujo: SotF Katawa Shoujo: SotF

Okay, I'll just come out with it. I am shit at this. Seriously, I can't even beat the first boss. It's hard enough for me to just get to the point where she turns invisible (mainly because of that attack where she rains down flaming tacos or whatever they are and it's damn near impossible to dodge). Then when she does turn invisible...well...it's kinda impossible to hit her unless she miraculously spawns right next to you. I tried about a dozen times then gave up because I was basically on the verge of throwing my computer monitor at the wall. I'll try again later.

What makes it worse was that a) when you click Options on the main Menu it launches straight into the game anyway, which feels stupid, and b) you said on the game screen that this is a visual novel. Not an anti-feminist Castlevania parody. I have no doubt that after I beat the first boss, there actually is a visual novel, I just don't see why I have to go through a stupidly hard boss fight just to get there. Must be part of the plot that I'll never get to see because I can't beat the first boss. And from what I've read in the other reviews, there's another boss that's EVEN HARDER. FML.

Well...yeah. You get the idea. I'm a bit peeved because I can't beat the first boss of what's supposed to be a romance visual novel. If this were five years ago, I'd be ranting and raving and give this a zero and call it a shit game. It isn't, it's just too difficult for me to be able to beat it. I'm giving it 4 stars based on what I assume the rest of the game is like, and because I'm coming back for more despite constant frustration. But I would like to request you tone down the difficulty of the first boss, just a bit, so I can actually play the rest of what I assume is a good game.

I hope I don't sound like a jerk or whatever. I'm just making a decent point.

ShadowWhoWalks responds:

keep going at it; the feeling of triumph washing over you as you defeat that boss is reported to be emotionally satisfying. Also, if you managed to leave the candles alone after that fight, she will be a bit easier to see when the lights go off. Be patient, keep your head cool, there are multiple ways to dodge every attack, find one that works for you and stick with it.

I'm also sorry about the first boss taking too long, there has been numerous complaints about this and I'll make sure not to make the same mistake again. There aren't too much to this game, just some quick boss simulation with some polish over the feels. Glad you're giving this game more chances and thanks for the review.

Memohuntress Memohuntress

Brilliant. The plot was beautiful (I nearly cried at one point), the graphics were impressive, the fact you could control Sellar during the level was pretty clever, and the game itself was pretty challenging (sometimes I struggled to find stuff even with the hints). I thought it was brilliant. I hope to see a sequel.

P.S. Sellar Dore...I see what you did there XD